Skip to main content

Fucking phone calls

Hey guess what - as well as hating fucking passwords, me dad hated automated voice systems too.



Welcome to the WeDontGiveAShit Insurance helpline, to start off please type in your 16 digit account code followed by the hash key.

Panics, finds number on a piece of paper, types 4 9 2 9 4 2 9 1 6 1 0 0 1 6 6 6 slowly.

Sorry that account code is not recognised, did you forget the hash key? Please try again.

Oh fuck I did that wrong it ends in 10 66 not 16 66, types number in again, followed by the # key.

Press 1 for inquiries, 2 for claims, 3 for whatever and 4 for fuck knows. For all other inquiries please hold.

Presses 2.

Great, Press 1 for a new claim, and 2 for an existing claim.

Presses 2 again.

Moronic music plays.

I'm Bored shit less already.

OK, you are 4th in the queue, please hold. Moronic music starts on repeat.

Still bored shit less; my patience is running out.

OK, now enter your date of birth followed by the hash key.

Types 26 03 1961 and then #.

Please hold you're next in the queue, moronic music resumes.

I'm really getting fucked off now.

Suddenly - Hi I'm Ted, can I help you?

Amazed! Yes, I want to check on my claim for my car being written off.

No problem .... can I have your 16 digit account code?

You want my 16 digit account code? Is that the same one that I typed in about half a bastard hour ago?

Yep; that's the one.

Sorry maybe it's just me. But I'm missing something here. Your system asked me to type in my account code, which I did, and then the first fucking question you ask me is - what's my account code. What is the fucking point of you asking for it; and ME typing it in, IF you have got no fucking intention of using it?

I'm sorry sir it's our systems, they are a bit slow today.

No shit Sherlock. Well write this down, my fucking account code is 4 9 2 9 4 2 9 1 6 1 0 0 1 0 6 6 - do you want the bastard hash key as well?

Very witty sir, but no that's fine. I just need your date of birth as well.

Are you taking the piss or what!

No sir I need your date of birth, and also for security can you tell me the name of your first pet - and the VIN number stamped on the vehicle?

Right smart arse, it is 26 03 1961, Snowy the rabbit, and V Z 7 3 6 3 7 1 9 1 2 9 1.

Ah ... I can see you bought the policy from TossItOff Insurance.

So?

Well, they merged with WeDontGiveAShit Insurance last year; their records are in a different system.

Well?

In a different department.

And.

In a different office, with a different phone number.

Fuck me ragged.

And they're in a different time zone in Outer Mongolia, all their offices are closed right now.

Headbutts wall; smashes phone into tiny pieces.




Popular posts from this blog

Glasto

You couldn't make it up could you. I spent much of the weekend dozing on the sofa watching telly. Glastonbury was on, although sad to say there was no Snoop Dog, Bone Jovi or any other canine related artists. The big news seemed to be the lack of female headliners and now we know why as one scored a spectacular own goal. She missed her slot cos she was doing her hair. It takes ages she said. Why NOT start doing your hair well before your show time. Aaagh no where's my handbag I've left it in the car, I've got to back to fetch it.

my Mum, your Dad

It's a new reality show FFS Endless permutations My Mum, your Dad My Mum, your Mum My Dad, your Dad My Mum, my Dad + your Dad My Mum, your Mum + your Dad Stay woof

it's bin day

I love a by election but only for the nutters who stand in them. I expected the Monster Raving Loony Party but there's a new kid on the block ... Count Binface. So i've been inspired to stand myself as his buddy, Count Benny of Thejets. Just like my inspiration Sir Elton, I'm still standing. My policies include:- Lowering taxes on dog food Campaigning for more poo bins Compulsory banning of cats Gotta go,  I ate something 'dodgy' earlier in the park and I think I'm about to lose my deposit! Stay woof